Monday, September 14, 2015

Puppy Bath Night

My daughter and I washed our dog tonight. She is the most mellow little chihuahua I have ever seen. Here is how bath night usually goes...

"Hey, Izzy! It's time for a bath!" I call out, making it sound like the greatest thing since turkey jerky.
Izzy looks up at me in wonder. "Bath time? Free massage and pampering for the whole evening," I imagine her telling me telepathically.
"Yeah, let's go!"
"Okay, Mommy!"

She follows me into the bathroom and I lift her into the bathtub. I turn on the water and check the temperature to make sure it is just right. She likes it very warm. I run the sprayer all over her and she stands still for me. She has never once tried to jump out of the tub and run away. I find that surprising, since I've always heard dogs hate baths. (Even if she wanted to run away, I could totally catch her. She weighs next to nothing.)

During the shower bath, I slather her in flowery dog shampoo and give her a puppy massage. I try to discourage her from licking the soap, but she doesn't listen. It's non-toxic, so I don't worry too much. I rinse her off pretty quickly, anyway.

My daughter and I towel dry her, one of us at each end, so she doesn't get too cold. Then we wrap her in a big towel. One of us holds her bundled on our lap while she dries.

She is so spoiled.

As I type this, the dog is bundled on my lap, resting her head on my arm.

I love puppy bath night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...