Saturday, May 23, 2015

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

I did it! I have embarked on my writing career, the one I have dreamed about having all my adult life. I swore I would wake up every morning, say THANK YOU to the universe (check), go meditate (check) and sit down and write something--anything--on this blog (check).

*insert Jeopardy them music*

Thank you, Alex. I'll take "Subjects to Write About" for $200.

I'm sure this will get easier with practice...right? Writing is like everything else, I need to work that muscle. It's been so long I've forgotten how to start. So until my muse comes down and inspires me, I will just write about random things.

I mentioned that we got rid of cable TV last week. I really haven't missed it much so far. I've been busy helping my daughter get ready for her big exit interview at school. This is where each 8th grader has to present all the things they've learned and grown from during their time at school. I don't know if this is a new thing at all schools. I sure didn't have it when I was in junior high. It could be part of progressive education. We've had our daughter in a progressive parent co-op school since kindergarten. It's a public school, so it's free. There's just a small annual fee that helps to cover field trips. If you are able to donate a few hours in the classroom each week, I highly recommend it. The school experience then becomes a community, rather than just some place to drop your kid off while you go to work. If you think you don't have the time, I believe most companies offer family leave for such situations. Look into it. If you're in the San Jose area, check out The Indigo Program.

Have a great day!
Go inspire someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...