Monday, May 25, 2015

Resources for Writers?

Ah, what a glorious foggy day!

One of the reasons I started getting serious about my writing again was because I somehow ended up on a mailing list for a self publishing service (who shall remain nameless due to their horrid user reviews). I don't remember signing up, but anything is possible. I helped my husband, Mick Gray, self-publish his children's book, Al B. Mouse's Abecedarium, years ago and was searching for help all over the place. Anyway, this company's email was constantly bombarding me with subject lines like Tips for Writing Children's Books, How to Stay Motivated, Finding Creative Momentum, Marketing Strategies for Authors... and so on.

Today I will start checking out writers resources and start reading all the books I got about writing, like The Writing Life by Annie Dillard. It's also time to join an online writers community and get some support. I used to belong to one many years ago and it was great. They even had local meetups all over the country, where writers could get together and brainstorm or just write in each others company. You know you can't slack off when your friends are watching.

I will post my resource findings in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...