Thursday, May 28, 2015

My Old Stomping Ground

I was searching for writer information sites and I found the one I used to frequent! It's called National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo for short. I don't remember how I had originally discovered it, but when I did they were just getting started for their annual event where you write 50,000 words in one month. I accepted that challenge and actually accomplished it! It was basically a freewriting experiment for me. For those of you who don't know about freewriting, it is stream of consciousness, and a great exercise to help with writer's block. I know, I know! I keep meaning to do that. Every day I say, "I really should just do some freewriting." Someone told me it was great to do before bed, when you're tired. I bet it would be really interesting to read that the next morning.

Now I have rejoined nanowrimo.org in the hopes of finding some peers to hang out with, as we kick each other's butts into gear and get our novels finished. If you have any other suggestions on writers' resources, please post them below.

Have a beautiful day, even if the sky is gloomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...