Saturday, August 15, 2015

Nudity in Movies

I say movies, but I also mean TV series that are uncensored, thanks to new internet stations. They are still movies to me, just told in episodes.

Tonight my daughter and I discovered a new series called Sense8, which is sort of like Heroes meets The Matrix. It's about a group of people who are psychically linked and can randomly feel each others feelings and hear each other's thoughts. They can even visit and possess each other. It's a mind-blowing series!

And I won't tell you how many episodes we just binge watched.

The point of this post is to mention nudity. There is a bit of nudity in this show, including full-frontal male nudity. None of it is gratuitous, in my opinion. For example, there was a scene where one of the psychic men was swimming naked, stepped out of the pool and was suddenly transported to his female psychic connection's wedding. She saw him and glanced down in shock (before fainting). We all knew what she saw, but the camera showed it. I burst out laughing because it was a hilarious scene, but my daughter just groaned and shouted, "REALLY!!!". She's only fourteen, so that could have something to do with it.

Personally, I am not bothered by nudity, but that's just me. I don't mind it in films, but at the same time I feel like a little mystery is just fine.

How do you feel about nudity in movies and television?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...