Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Movie Review - Song of the Sea

We just watched a really sweet family film called Song of the Sea,

A young boy finds himself among the magical beings of Ireland when he discovers his little sister is a selkie.  In the beginning he resents her. Along the way he learns about love and selflessness.

This was a beautiful story and animation at its finest! Very stylized. It reminded me of Sita Sings the Blues (another very cool animated movie).

My husband had been to The Cartoon Art Museum a few weeks ago, when they were showing the art of the film. He came home and put this at the top of our Netflix list. I'm glad he did.

I'm not a big fan of animated movies, unless they're Disney or Pixar, but once in a while I'll see something that really grabs hold of me and won't let go. This was one of those times. I highly recommend it. Great for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...