Friday, February 5, 2016

Vacation, part 2

A year and a half ago, my mother-in-law gave us some money for our anniversary, with the express wishes that we take a vacation, but we hadn't been able to use it. My husband has a hard time planning for trips because of his crazy schedule. When he found himself between books last month he said, "Let's do it!" A friend told us about Sycamore Mineral Springs Resort in San Luis Obispo. She said it was a very relaxing place, with a spa and private hot tubs. That sounded perfect.

Mick called them and found out about a special deal they were having, which made it affordable. The gift money paid for everything!

We made a reservation in advance for a massage, since they tend to fill up quick. I reserved time for the evening of our arrival so I would be relaxed for the entire weekend. The massage came with a 30 minute soak in one of the private mineral springs hot tubs at the spa. My husband got to join me. That was nice. I think 30 minutes must be the body's natural shut off time because we were both ready to get out right before our time was up (the same thing happened when we used the one on our room's balcony). The massage was great!

The resort is very spread out. It was originally built in the 1800s and they just kept adding on new buildings. We booked a suite in the newest wing, which was across the bridge in a secluded forested area. Thankfully they have door-to-door service via golf carts. Anywhere you are you just ask and one will be brought to you. That was nice. If it had been summer I wouldn't have minded walking.

In the morning we took a free Hatha Yoga class. The Yoga Dome is at the top of a steep hill. Walking in the freezing air with my asthma wasn't ideal, but I made it! The teacher was very easy to follow.

We had a coupon for buy one get one half off at the restaurant, which really helped. I have a hard time paying big money for food. It's food, not jewelry! But when our meals arrived I changed my tune. Our dishes were a work of art! I don't think I've ever felt the need to photograph food before, but here ya go.


The only downside of the trip was the fact that it was the middle of winter. Even on golf carts I was shivering. I would go back during a warmer time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...