Saturday, February 20, 2016

Going Coconuts

Recently I've been getting more into beauty care. As we age our skin dries out and loses elasticity, so I figured it was time to take some action.

I bought what I thought were some high quality products that were good for sensitive skin. It said so on the label. That is what happens when you impulse buy. If I had done some research I would've discovered that people with sensitive skin were having trouble with these creams and cleansers. I won't mention the brand because I try not to leave negative reviews. Normal skin people raved about it, so it works for some.

For a long time I have been reading about the benefits of coconut oil. Last year I started using it in cooking. Last week I was urged to try it as a facial cleanser (oil attracts oil and dirt) and moisturizer. As usual, some people raved about it while some claimed it made their skin erupt with acne. I've never had an allergic reaction to coconut, nor have I ever been acne prone, just an occasional zit now and then. There are all sorts of different recipes online, some with mixed oils and added natural fragrances. I prefer simplicity and decided to just use it alone.

I am happy to report that so far so good. True it's only been a few days, but I've been happy with the results. I will report back in a couple weeks and let you know if I have any bad reaction.

Have you tried coconut oil for anything other than cooking? What was your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...