Monday, February 8, 2016

Tick-Tock

I stared at the blank white space on my screen. What was I going to write about? Had all my ideas run dry? I had barely gotten started on my new career. It couldn't just end like this. I had plans, dreams. I was finally going to become a novelist!

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

I glanced up at the clock on the wall and watched the progression of the secondhand for a while. The clicking sound droning out the passing of time lulled me into a hypnotic trance. I shook my head and brought my attention back to my laptop.

"Just start typing," I told myself. "Okay," I replied and wiggled my fingers on the keyboard.

akhgahghnb jbqnvcmbojqaa jajnbsirejnb m, kgqbqoka-034gjn 

"Huh. Well, it was worth a try."

Tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock.

My eyes started drooping. I turned off my laptop and glared at the clock. I really needed to buy something quieter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words...